NW Iowa … Saturday brought an inch of ice to our little corner of the world … then (as if that wasn’t enough) … we got about 4 inches of snow (some nearby towns reported 6 inches). Last week it was 50 degrees and balmy outside … Back to Winter!
So, those of you who KNOW me are wondering, “What does THAT have to do with God’s goodness?”! You know I don’t really ‘enjoy’ winter, ay? BUT there’s so much more going on in my life that I am celebrating!
Some of you know I’m working on a business start-up. My business partner, Kim, and I sat down last week and just ‘checked’ our priorities and decided we’d gotten off-course just abit. We were both worrying about the finances, rather than the women we are hoping to bless. So … we recommitted ourselves to keeping our focus on blessing others and letting God manage our finances.
I don’t know WHY I continue to be amazed when God does what He promises He will do (use us to His glory…and give us the desires of our heart) … but … yeah … I’m amazed … He immediately began blessing our efforts!
We had an information booth a couple days later at a local women’s event and were swarmed by the women … receptive and interested in getting our class schedules.
The next day, a woman came by the lab to learn more about our classes. She wants us to teach her so she can bless her mother-in-law on her 80th birthday in May! How exciting! This woman found out about us because I blessed someone else with a framed design … who then showed it to this gal … the blessings just come right back to you … it’s crazy!
Then one day later, God opened 2 more doors! We are standing READY to see where this all leads! It’s pretty exciting … especially since I KNOW this is God’s work … nothing we’ve done on our own! How much better, to let Him lead!
Then there all the blessings in the rest of my life!
- Our son, Paul, and his wife, Andrea, are in Ethiopia on a mission with Drs. w/o Borders. We are praising God for their opportunity to be good and powerful witnesses to His Grace.
- Noah, our 5-yr-old grandson, continues to walk and even run (his own version of it anyway!) … he is SUCH a miracle!
- William, our 10-mos-old grandson, is crawling and learning to climb the staircase! His croop-like symptoms seem to be diminishing … giving his mama some much needed relief. He has a smile that can melt icebergs (maybe THAT’S the real source of our global warming issues?!)
- Bruce and I are getting healthier everyday! The elliptical ‘gadget’ is getting a real workout nowadays! PTL! To enjoy all our blessings we’ll be needing our health!
- Our daughters are ALL such beautiful women … talented in encouraging, coaching, and challenging other women in their lives.
Life is good. God is SO GOOD!